Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With a wide range of GPU and FPGA options, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
Dell PowerEdge R740 Features
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Drive demanding workloads with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72% with ProSupport Plus and Support Assist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
- New 1.2 TB and 2.4 TB 10K Small Form Factor (SFF) Mission Critical Self-Encrypting (SED) Hard Drives with Basic Carrier (BC).
- Up to 900 GB 15K SAS Small Form Factor (SFF) and Large Form Factor (LFF) Mission Critical Hard Disk Drives with Basic Carrie (BC) and Low Profile Carrier Converter (LPCC).
- Up to 2.4 TB 10K SAS SFF mission critical HDDs with Basic Carrier (BC).
- Offering 600GB 10K/15K and 1.8TB 10K SAS SFF in BC to support the latest platforms.
Performance and Reliability for Any Workload
HPE Server Enterprise Hard Drives are ideal for transaction processing, database applications, Big Data analytics, and high-performance computing (HPC).
Broad portfolio of customized solutions provides up to 2.4 TB of storage.
Efficient drives provide power for space-constrained data centers.
Latest 12G SAS interface for increased performance.
Stable and consistent portfolio of drives offering long life cycles and steady supply.
1 HPE Internal Lab Testing. 3.35 million hour test quant is derived from a combination of drive qualification test plans, specifically HDDQ spec-supplier responsibility to perform, HDDQ spec-HPE responsibility to perform, RDT-Reliability Demonstration test spec, CSI integration test spec and Pilot test requirements. Test conducted May 2017.
Efficiently scale your IT operations
The R6515 is a powerful single-socket/1U server that can scale out to match the performance of under-utilized systems. With the enhanced 3rd Gen AMD EPYC™ processor, up to 2 single-wide GPUs, and 2TB of 3200 MT/s memory, the R6515 is perfect for virtualization and HCI. The small form factor makes it great for everything from small and remote offices to larger scale-out computing deployments.
Deliver breakthrough performance, innovation, and density
The popularity of single-socket systems has started to show in the makeup of data centers. The PowerEdge R6515 creates an equilibrium of computing resources within a single-socket/1U form factor. The low profile design offers increasingly more compute power with each new generation of AMD EPYC™ processors.
- Replace your legacy two-socket cluster with an updated and cost-efficient single-socket server without compromising performance
- Enhanced 3rd Gen AMD EPYC™ (280W) processor may be the only socket you need
- Improved TCO with VM density and SQL performance improvements
- High parallelism for low latency on ROBO and Dense Azure Stack HCI
Systems Management and Security Solutions
OpenManage systems management
The Dell Technologies OpenManage systems management portfolio helps tame the complexity of your IT environment with tools and solutions to discover, monitor, manage, update, and deploy your PowerEdge infrastructure.
PowerEdge and OpenManage solutions integrate tools across the portfolio to help organizations automate the server lifecycle, optimize operations, and scale efficiently.
PowerEdge servers are made with a cyber-resilient architecture that builds in security at every phase of the product lifecycle, from the silicon root of trust and secured component verification, to signed firmware and drift detection, to BIOS recovery.
Dell Technologies offers complete end-to-end services
Optimizing the IT lifecycle is vital. We have expert services*
for all lifecycle phases that save you time and resources, reduce effort, and improve your IT experience.
Consulting services give expert guidance to help you grow, optimize and transform your IT environment at your own pace and budget. We employ a broad range of certified consultants and engineers, backed by program management teams, who can deliver deep technical expertise. We give you the confidence that your project will be done right and on time.
Gain the freedom to focus on your business transformation with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Choose the right support based on the criticality of specific systems with available automated predictive analysis, collaborative third-party assistance, and a Technology Service Manager.
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite helps you get more out of technology starting on day one. Residency Service provides ongoing transition assistance to accelerate adoption. Trust our experts to lead deployments from basic hardware installations through planning, configuration, and complex integrations to help you achieve business outcomes today and tomorrow.
Education Services offers an expansive suite of training services with multiple delivery methods, including instructor-led, self-paced online, and virtual instructor-led training. With comprehensive and flexible training programs, we make it easy to ensure your staff has the skills they need to successfully manage and utilize your new technology to its full potential.
- Introducing the market-leading 20 TB SAS/SATA HDD, which is offering the highest capacity for more petabyte per rack.
- Introducing 10 TB air-filled SAS/SATA HDD which provides lower price per GB in the same capacity, replacing the old Helium-filled 10 TB.
- Offering more capacities in Basic Carrier (BC) to support the latest platforms.
HPE Hard Drives Deliver High Performance and Reliability Across HPE Server and Storage Platforms
HPE Hard Disk Drives (HDDs) are enterprise-class drives for demanding 24x7 data center environments
HPE HDDs are validated and tested with on-going quality monitoring throughout their lifecycle
Enhance Total Server Storage Capacity for Business Critical Workloads with HPE HDDs
HPE offers highest capacity 20 TB hard drives that are ideal for digital content, bulk storage, cloud and web environments
HPE Business Critical Hard Drives offer high capacity for economic bulk storage
HPE HDDs are Engineered to Deliver High Capacity, Performance, Reliability and Data Security
HPE HDDs are engineered to maximize total server storage capacity within data center environments
HPE HDDs help prevent unauthorized access to your data with Digitally Signed Firmware
HPE HDDs help simplify the cost and complexity of re-purposing or disposing of drives while protecting data with Instant Secure Erase (ISE) technology
Simplify HDD planning and standardize HDDs across HPE server and storage solutions
Common HPE HDD carriers offer consistency and compatibility across HPE server and storage platforms
- Delivering new 1600W HPE Flex Slot Power Supply with 48V DC input option.
- 800W HPE Flex Slot Power Supply with 96% efficiency, 80PLUS Titanium certified1.
- Delivers 48V DC input option in the HPE Flexible Slot Power Supply form factor.
- 800W universal HPE Flex Slot Power Supply enables both 277V AC and 380V DC input options.
- HPE Flex Slot 800W Power Supply with 400W battery backup enabling HPE Scalable Persistent Memory Solution.
- HPE Flex Slot 1600W Power Supply with 94% efficiency, 80PLUS Platinum certified.
Improve Data Center Efficiency Without Impacting IT Performance
HPE Flexible Slot Power Supplies provide up to 96% power efficiency with 80PLUS Platinum-certified power supplies that lower server power requirements and reduce power waste in your data center.
The power supply form factor is 25% smaller than previous generation HPE Common Slot Power Supplies, providing more space to add additional server options and improve IT performance.
Provides fast, tool-less hot plug access to server power supplies for greater serviceability.
Supported across HPE ProLiant Gen10 server series, HPE ProLiant 300 Gen9 server series, HPE Apollo 2000, and HPE Apollo 4000 server series, simplifying your spares strategy and reducing data center costs.
1 Efficiency ratings based on testing performed by Ecova per the requirements of the 80PLUS program. For more information, please visit: www.80plus.com
Maximize your application performance with the HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 4210 base server with one Intel® Xeon® Silver 4210 processor, 32 GB dual rank memory, P408i-a storage controller with 2 MB cache and smart storage battery, eight small form factor drive bays, one HPE Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366FLR Adapter, one SFF Easy Install Rail Kit, one Cable Management Arm Kit, and one 500W power supply
HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 4210 Features
Defend Applications and Data Before Your Server is Built with HPE Trusted Supply Chain
A new first line of defense against cyber-attackers with select servers built to the world’s toughest security standards in secured facilities, bringing together security, processes and people to deliver protection for your most sensitive applications and data even before your server is built.
Built in secure HPE facilities to the most stringent Country of Origin USA and conformance requirements, HPE Trusted Supply Chain servers are inspected to be free from malicious microcode and counterfeit parts, safeguarding it against cyber-exploits throughout its life cycle.
With hardened security built in, HPE Trusted Supply Chain hardens the protections designed into select HPE products with unrivaled supply chain visibility and standards compliance providing a 360-degree view and mitigation plan for current and emerging cyber-threats.
Allied to ensure authenticity, HPE Trusted Supply Chain doubles down on your protection with vetted HPE employees assigned to the product build to manage the product manufacturing process that adheres to the strictest sourcing, inspection and traceability standards.
World-Class Performance featuring Enhanced Compute Density
The ProLiant DL380 now features significantly enhanced GPU density, expanding support from five to seven Full-Height, Half-Length, Single-Width Accelerators/GPUs, or up to six in a balanced configuration with additional PCIe expansion via the tertiary riser.
Leveraging HPE’s most popular 2U rackmount server, fitting standard depth racks, customers can benefit from one of the densest Accelerator/GPU platforms with an extensive set of Accelerator options, enabling diverse cloud workload performance and optimization of AI and deep learning experiences.
Supported on the ProLiant DL380, the NVIDIA T4 GPU is ideal for Deep learning, Inferencing, Machine Learning, HPC, Rendering, VDI, Virtual Workstations and combinations thereof for mixed workloads – maximizing utilization of data center resources and lowering TCO.
Flexible Design Making Your Investment Expand As Your Business Needs Grow
The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server has an adaptable chassis, including new Hewlett Packard Enterprise modular drive bay configuration options with up to 30 SFF, up to 19 LFF or up to 20 NVMe drive options along with support for up to three double wide GPU options.
Adapting and growing to changing business needs, Networking Choice (NC) server models provide flexibility in the primary networking choice while Embedded LOM server models offer an embedded 4x1GbE by default, both provide network options (1GbE to 100GbE) via HPE FlexibleLOM or PCIe standup adapters.
HPE Persistent Memory works with DRAM to provide fast, high capacity, cost effective memory and storage to transform big data workloads and analytics by enabling data to be stored, moved, and processed quickly.
In conjunction with the embedded SATA HPE Dynamic Smart Array S100i Controller for boot, data and media needs, the redesigned HPE Smart Array Controllers allow you the flexibility to choose the optimal 12 Gb/s controller most suited to your environment, and operate in both SAS and HBA mode.
Supporting a wide range of operating environments from Azure to Docker to ClearOS in addition to traditional operating systems.
Industry Leading Services and Ease of Deployment
The HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10 server comes with a complete set of HPE Technology Services, delivering confidence, reducing risk, and helping customers realize agility and stability.
HPE Pointnext Services simplifies all stages of the IT journey. Advisory and Transformation Services professionals understand customer challenges and design an optimal solution. Professional Services enable rapid deployment of solutions and Operational Services provide ongoing support.
A suite of embedded and downloadable tools is available for server lifecycle management including Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Intelligent Provisioning, HPE iLO 5 to monitor and manage, HPE iLO Amplifier Pack, Smart Update Manager (SUM), and Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).
Hewlett Packard Enterprise IT investment solutions help you transform to a digital business with IT economics that align to your business goals.